Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical software, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, is Autodesk® AutoCAD® software for manufacturing, purpose-built to accelerate the mechanical design process. It includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, a world leader in CAD software, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD Mechanical provides a library of more than 700,000 standard parts, supports multiple international design standards, and enables users to detail and document digital prototypes created in Autodesk® Inventor® software.
AutoCAD Mechanical offers engineers a competitive edge by helping them save hours of effort, so they can spend time innovating rather than drafting.
Top 10 reasons to move from AutoCAD to AutoCAD Mechanical:
- 700,000 standard parts and features
- Extended draw tools for manufacturing
- Powerful and smart dimensions
- Smart detailing tools
- Support for international drafting standards
- Associative balloons and BOMs
- Automatic layer management
- Smart hidden lines
- Machinery generators and calculators
- Associative CAD model documentation