Customers with eligible products on maintenance will have the option to Switch to a Subscription term for a discounted price.
You can take advantage of this offer once per seat of a product on maintenance. The price to switch will increase 5% in 2018 and another 5% in 2019, so the earlier you switch to subscription, the less it will cost. At the time of your maintenance renewal, you can:
- Switch an eligible individual product on maintenance to a subscription of the same product i.e. AutoCAD to AutoCAD.
- Switch an eligible individual product or Design Suite on maintenance to an Industry Collection subscription (excluding the AutoCAD LT family of products) i.e. AutoCAD to an Autodesk Industry Collection.
- Continue to renew your maintenance plan for one year – N.B prices will increase 20% in 2019.
Subscribing is the new way to buy for ultimate flexibility giving you access to Autodesk software on a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that is easier to manage i.e. Annual or Multi-year terms. When you decide to purchase Autodesk subscription, you are maximising the power of your design tools while gaining control over your costs and the length of your commitment. Your software tools will always be up to date with the latest releases and enhancements, while your workflow will benefit from increased capabilities from flexible licensing to more capabilities with Autodesk cloud services. Autodesk products are licensed, not sold.
Please note the below considerations:
- To Switch you must trade in your perpetual licenses on maintenance. All assets must be uninstalled once you move to a subscription term, unless you switch to the same product then you just need to update the serial number and allocate the licence in Autodesk Account.
- Your new subscriptions begin the day after your maintenance expires.
- All orders to switch from maintenance to subscription must include the signed Switch to Subscription Acknowledgment form and be submitted to Autodesk no later than 5 days prior to your maintenance expiry date to ensure time for processing. Any order received after this date will be rejected by Autodesk.
- Switching this year also secures discounted pricing for your next two renewals if you continue to renew annually.
- You must renew to continue accessing your software!